Thursday, June 12, 2008

Breaking news!

Well, not really breaking for those who live in these here parts. Guitar Ted, the genius behind The Trans Iowa, The Guitar Ted Death Ride Invitational and the Big Wheeled Ballyhoo has decided to cancel this years Ballyhoo.

No real surprise there considering THIS is supposed to be ground zero for the weekends event.

Here's to hoping that next years event goes off with out a hitch! And there WILL be a next year.

I'm also here to say that I received a call from Ben Shokey, manager of Decorah Bicycles, and he told me that despite all the bad news coming from Decorah right now, the trails are still VERY ridable. In fact he and Deke from Oneota River Cycles are still going to host an event June 21-22. They have secured a location for camping, vendors from the Ballyhoo are more than welcome to still show up and demo wares, but this WON'T be the Ballyhoo. Chances are there will be some kind of enduro race/ride and other shenanigans. So if you're local, have this weekend already wiped clean to attend the Ballyhoo, come on down and you can still ride your bike! I'll be there.

And to echo Guitar Ted's sentiments, lets hope and pray we break out of this rain cycle soon enough. I just heard that Cedar Rapids is now underwater. Iowa's had enough punishment for being Iowa already!

Listening to: The Weather Channel. This just in! the Midwest is going to float away!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If I wasn't working the Hy-Vee Tri I would be there with the family. Looks like I may be there next weekend....Teri and I need a dirt fix.

Peace