Friday, September 5, 2008

Gone Gnoming Saturday.

So this Saturday, I won't be here. I'll be off riding at Levis/Trow Mound, getting nice pictures, drinking probably too much beer, and having a good time with Sidra(who's coming along with Dad!) We're both very excited.

So I posted a note on the door, if you locals are reading this, please don't be alarmed! I'll be back on Teusday, eh?

On another note, the silly season has begun. Silly season you ask? Yeah. This is the time of year when the bike companies release all the new models. Eurobike is happening this weekend in Germany. While it doesn't really hold much for us here in the US, we sure do get to peak at what may be coming down the line for us. Interbike is the US version, and this will be held at the end of the month here. I'm not going this year, and maybe not the next. We'll see.

With all the new bikes being released, my wallet has been screaming for mercy. Now, I haven't bought anything yet, but there are a few bikes out there already that are mighty tempting to throw some cash at! Salsa just released the Fargo, a bike that promises to provide HUGE adventure. Not that I really have the time nor inclination to take on a week[s]+ long tour. Sure looks fun though. Well, and LOOKS good too. Looks like a mountain bike to me. Simple, and rigid.

This promises to be the first of many. Many bikes that tempt me with thier stunning looks, and promises of adventure, with story's to be told.

We'll see. I'll be sure to post up my favorites here. What I think are bike that are really worth the time and effort to save for.

May YOUR wallet stay safe too dear readers!

listening to: Nothing. fans whirring. Clocks ticking. Cars passing.

No comments: