Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bikes on the floor!

So I am a bike shop. And I sell bikes. Really I do. But other than the list to the right there, I haven't really mentioned what I've got going on in the store. These are a few of my favorites.

The Redline D440. $550. Great rootbeer color, with sweet pinstriping. REALLY attractive bike. Versatile. Comes stock with v brakes, but the hubs and frame are disc ready. Low rider mounts on the fork, rack mounts in the rear. Its ready for some off road touring!





I've sold one of these already, and have a 21" left.

Redline 925 commuter. Simple singlespeed goodness! Comes as you see it here, fenders and all. Again a great brick red color. Size is a 48(virtual 54). It fits Lisa perfectly. Her favorite bike in the whole store. Has real road bike geometry, none of this super twitch track bike stuff. Really comfortable. $525 out the door. I don't know how Redline does it. So many cool bikes for a real reasonable price.





Jamis Nova Pro. Cyclocross bike. I love Cyclocross bikes. Really versatile rigs. Love them so much that my main roadish bike is one. They ride great, and don't shy away from the dirt/gravel diversions. Anyways, this Jamis, for $1095 is a pretty good deal. 9 speed Tiagra(last years 105) full carbon fork, Carbon seat stays and Ritchey parts add up to a noice bike. And I LOVE the Creamsicle paint.





Sorry these pics are so dark. I think I was fooling with a new flash when I took them.

Also some news in terms of products I carry. If anyone is looking to get set up for some touring, I've got you covered! I'm now a dealer for Arkel bags and http://www.oldmanmountain.com/ racks.

Got a single speed you want to bling up? I've got you covered there too. Paul Components are a mere order away.

Want to build up a hunting/snow/go anywhere bike? The Surly Pugsly is you answer. Team that up with Vicious Cycles(tentative dealer) Graceful Fat Sheba rim at a full 80mm wide, and you WILL be able to ride anywhere.

Listening to: Primus, Sailing the Seas of Cheese. And before that A Tribe Called Quest, The Lowend Theory. Feeling retro today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When the going gets tough
And the stomach acids flow
The cold wind of conformity
Is nipping at your nose
When some trendy new atrocity
Has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the
Seas of Cheese

Lookin good Marty!

Jay Dub said...

A few questions:
Will you ship a bike? I want a 925...
Is that the 2009 model, or the 2008? When do you expect the 2009s, and do you know the color scheme yet?
How hard would it be to turn the 925 into a touring type bike... that is, can I put racks on the front and rear? Not even touring, just grocery bike.

Thanks

Head Honcho said...

Jay,

I wish I could ship a bike out! My agreement with Redline says 'No mail order'.

That being said, its ready for a rear rack, and with a bit of creativity, a front could be mounted up.

I'm not sure what the 09's look like yet. This one's an 08.

Thanks for reading!

Chris Newlin said...

Nice Bikes Marty! Hope the Cross bikes keep moving and people stumble upon the sport. Really the most fun bike to race... I need to get down there and hang a bit. Looks like there is some great riding down there!

You riding the HPT race in a couple of weeks?

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you have any Jamis Supernovas in a 54? Having a hard time finding one in the Chicago area. Thanks!

Head Honcho said...

carl - sorry to say no I don't. Good luck finding one!