Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bikes are in!

From The Prairie P...


Twenty eight on the first shipment. Oh so close to that 'magic' 29! As luck would have it, the first bike to take the honored place at the work bench is in fact a 29" Exile SS. Pertty nice looking little rig. Nice details abound.



If you'll notice as well, the completed front counter. Pretty proud of it. Has one of the donated counter tops from Deke, plus found materials in the basement make up the rest. Key is the 17" wide heart wood 'paneling' I had planed down. Looked pretty ugly before that, but now...wow. Nice wood.

Anyways - off to build. My Dads coming in tonight to help out with a few builds, and a couple locals guys may stop by too. See ya!

Listening to: iTunes radio; Bootliquour Radio on SOMA FM. Americana Roots music for Cowhands, Cowpokes and Cowtippers.

9 comments:

blackmountaincycles said...

Hot dang, Marty! You ain't waisting no time. If you want my plans for my bike racks, I'll send you the sketches.
Mike

Head Honcho said...

You still have my email Mike? Send the plans along. I've got one plan going - but I could always use a back up.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your shop! I'm originally from the PdC area, live in Green Bay now, but get back to visit family frequently.

Best of luck to you.

Captain Bob said...

Looking good Marty. Can't wait to get in some time.

Guitar Ted said...

Nice, nice looking start to things Marty. Good to see you at Frostbike and to be able to meet your wife Lisa.

Hope you didn't have any drama in getting home. Man! Was it nasty around here!

Anonymous said...

Great to meet up with you guys at Frostbike! Good success wished for your new shop!

Unknown said...

Tmann - good to put a face to the name. I hope we can find a way out to the BlackHills sometime soon. Can't wait to get the Striders in!

GT - always good to see you. Weather kept us up in Mpls one night longer. Glad we stayed. The roads south of Decorah were nasty. I'm sure I would've ended up in the ditch if we tried Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we even had bad roads Monday heading west on I90. Lots of idiots and carnage. Was fun chatting. My stash of Surly beer is already down to one Growler and 3 pint cans.............gotta head back soon!

riderx said...

The shop space looks really nice. Looks like art work will mesh nicely as well.